This Wednesday, August 16th, 5:00 PM, Moscow’s famous Conservatory cordially requests the pleasure of your company for the enchanting Festival of Music and World Cuisines – this time it’s Treasures of Montenegro!
Come by yourself or with friends for a wonderful opportunity to discover Montenegro and the beauty of the Adriatic.
Enjoy a dinner buffet feast of traditional Montenegrin delicacies:
- Dry-cured ham (prosciutto) served with assorted cheese. Specialty of the Montenegrin village of Njegusi, region close to the Old Royal Capital of Cetinje
- Mediterranean salad with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and peppers. As served in the coastal region of Montenegro
- Roasted red peppers. Prepared in traditional style as enjoyed throughout the Montenegrin region
- Proja. Corn bread made with eggs, cheese and kajmak. As enjoyed in the central and northern parts of Montenegro
- Kajmak. Whole-milk cream spread served with priganice, type of fried donuts. A traditional product of Montenegrin villages
- Kacamak. Corn grits slowly cooked with cheese and potatoes. The most famous Montenegrin dish, typical of central and Northern parts of Montenegro
- Lamb stew slowly cooked in milk. One of the oldest recipes in Montenegrin cuisine, typical of the central part of the country
- Slow roasted sour cabbage with sausage. Typical of the northern parts of Montenegro
- Cevapi and raznjici. Mixed grilled meat. Widely popular Montenegrin delicacy
- Fish fillet a la Bakalar. A coastal dish rich in olive oil and Mediterranean spices
- Apple pie. Coastal recipe with chopped pecans, raisins and cinnamon
- Mini pastries filled with plum jam. Assorted traditional cookies
The evening will be accompanied by traditional Balkan music:
Sara Vujosevic (soprano), Dmitry Grinikh (baritone), Dmitry Trapesnikov (baritone), Pavel Shestov (piano), and Nikolai Savvidi (piano) perform Jovo Ivanisevic, Dejan Krdzic, Dionisio de Sarno San Giorgio and Montenegrin folk songs.